night shift!!!

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 07:48:37 EDT

Hi,

During night I could not fix the Coda crash problem!!!
After checking the network, cables, reset &shutdown,
I discovered that the TS did not give any output!
Also the Common Strobe of TS was out, but if it's OR-ed then it should
not be a problem!
I spent a while trying to use the pulse generator as a trigger event, but
it was not working (it worked before)!!!!
After that, SURPRISE, I went to the South Hall to turn ON the flasher, and
it was already ON, SOMEONE forgot to turn it OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was a 'sign' with "Flasher On" in case someone forgets, but it is
not anymore!!!!
And this is not all, the frequency was low (on Scalers I thought it was
just a noise), then I increased the frequency and I saw a huge difference
on Scalers between the first and second delay of the flasher signal
(11:4)!!!! Which is NOT GOOD!!! (the photo-diode signal is stable and good)
Karen is coming at 8:30 and trying to fix the TS problem!

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire
9 Library Way