[BLAST_SHIFTS] Evening shift 9/07/02

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 00:15:57 EDT

With the lack of SFI response still a fact of life the main goal of this
shift was to get things ready for the efficiency test when the TS is back
in action on Monday.

By exhausting the supply of RF connectors in the D-tunnel all connections
were made between the five small paddles, linear fan-out, and their
respective analog fan inputs. Prior to connection all of the cables were
tested with a known good signal and all worked without issue.

The setup is as follows:
 In NIM bin over R Fastbus crate:
        Left Linear Fan-out:
                1st block: Small Paddle over LTOF0 - input to LTOF4
                2nd: Small Paddle over LTOF1 - input to LTOF5

        Right Linear Fan-out:
                1st: Small Paddle over LTOF2 - input to LTOF6
                2nd: Small Paddle over LTOF14 - input to LTOF12
                3rd: Small Paddle over LTOF15 - input to LTOF13

Attempts were made at roughly checking the efficiency with the scope but
no conlusive results were drawn. This really requires our full data
acquisition to be running so that we can make software cuts on the small
paddle area projected on the TOFs.

**The retiming OR twisted pair output was move to pin(s) 4 for input D
which comes from the left sector mean timer.** This output signal still
needs to be doublechecked.

Deuterium dissociation studies continued at 100K with atomic fraction at
about 85-90%.

                        PK, JS