[BLAST_TOF] Sunday evening shift

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 23:53:28 EDT

Hi!
There is a new macro which reflects the recent efficiency setup:

/home/blast/adrian/commis_ana/TOFeff.C (you can copy it in the common
account or in your personal account).

On the last canvas the macro will show on the left hand side the Cerenkov
TDC spectrum when triggered by the start counter, Cerenkov box and small
paddle and on the right the same spectrum when the test TOF is also
included. The ratio between the number of events on the right and the
number of events on the left is the efficiency (since we are testing 5
TOFs at a time, the canvas has 10 pads in a 5 by 2 pattern).

I could not test the macro completely since I did not have any runs with
the efficiency trigger, but all the necessary raw spectra look fine (I
doublechecked them) and I do not expect any error, so we can start
running immediately after the new trigger supervisor is installed.

I also looked at the fannout signals on the scope and I concluded the
spread in time due to additional cables should not be a problem - we might
need some fine-tuning though. Also I saw some of the signals were pretty
distorted, due probably to the old PMTs we have on the small paddles.
One of the signals for one small paddles was missing - I found out a loose
cable was the problem.

So we should be more or less ready to go when the new TS is ready.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu