Re: Trigger Supervisor now working

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:10:08 EDT

        I've tested the Trigger Supervisor with a cosmics trigger. CODA does
indeed see data. I didn't actually look at ADC/TDC spectra, but nothing
should have changed there.

        The TS is set up in software to be in non-strobed mode, so that we can
do timing studies. However, I have found that a cable still needs to be
connected to the CS input of the TS. Moreover, the cable needs to be
upside down (i.e., the yellow pin is the + side of the ECL, but it needs
to go to the - side of the TS CS input). I didn't see any pulse in the
CS cable, just a DC offset. The timing of the Level 1 Accept seems to
be given by the physics trigger.

        There are instructions in the logbook to go back to a common-strobed
trigger.

                                        Karen