[BLAST_TOF] one more thing

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 18:08:47 EDT

We do not need many, long runs without changing anything for the whole
shift and with no decision taken and no change... that just wastes time.
One 10K event run (or two) should be enough to take a decision and try
something else in order to improve efficiency and keep the ball rolling.
Shift takers, please check with John about what an acceptable number for
efficiency is and if that is reached please contact Karen for instructions
on running the TS in non-strobed mode for retiming (I would say we cannot
test al TOFs, see previous email - so I am hoping the decision to start
checking retiming again will come soon).
Before that, we need to play with TOF voltages (even if 99% efficient) in
order to have the ADC peaks for minimum ionizing particles in the same ADC
channel for all TOF PMTs.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant