Re: [BLAST_CODA] clever makelist to preserve filenames

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 08:41:00 EDT

Tancredi,

        It looked to me like the clever makelist copied the descriptive file
(commis_r_pri_nots.crl) to tmp/commis_r_pri.crl, so that the internal
name would match up with what is in the msql database. That is fine.
BUT I think either the ccrl statement or the VXWORKS68_GCC statement
(the first one) is operating on commis_r_pri.crl in ~/commis/coda/crl,
not the one in tmp/. Then makelist copies the .o to
/usr/local/blast/obj/commis_r_pri_nots.o, as it should. And puts the .c
in src/commis_r_pri_nots.c. And I do the proper ln -s, so that the ROC
sees the filename it expects, but the link shows me which descriptive
file I'm really using.

        If you look at src/commis_r_pri_nots.c, you will see it is IDENTICAL to
commis_r_pri.c, even though the crls are different. Or maybe look at
ts2_pri_ns.c and ts2_pri.c, since I don't know where I ended up with the
commis one.

        I was trying to fix makelist the other day by moving the cd tmp around,
or inserting tmp/ in front of $DOING_FILE. ButI did something wrong.
I'll revisit it today.

                                Karen