[BLAST_SHIFTS] 10/03/2002 evening shift

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 22:14:53 EDT

Before beam time, using the voltage starting point and observations from
yesterday I modified voltages and took two runs:
- run 2013: for LTOFs;
- run 2014: for RTOFs.

Attached you can see the ADCs I got using these new voltages (the pattern
is LTOF1 top, LTOF1 bottom, LTO2 top, LTOF2 bottom etc).
My target channel was 1650 (using cosmics) which I claimed should
correlate to channel 1150 using beam (we used 1150 in the DTF for minimum
ionizing particles).

By 7 PM I put the voltages back to the summer commissioning values and I
gave Tong the lead for the wire chambers studies.

9 PM: at John's request I went to the D-tunnel and verified the signal of
the following tubes (starting from 1) - right before splitters:

LTOF4 bottom: 0.6 V
LTOF5 bottom: 1 V
LTOF6 top: 1V

RTOF4 bottom: 1.1 V
RTOF6 top: 1.3 V
RTOF6 bottom: 1.2 V

The worry was that maybe the signal is attenuated very close to the
20 mV threshold. As you can see, that is by far not the case: we are as
safe as one can be!
The slightly different values are due to imperfect matching (summer
voltages). The above tubes were selected because they were close to the
1650 target channel for cosmics.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant