[BLAST_SHIFTS] 10/04/02 morning shift

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 07:26:04 EDT

Hello, All:

Similar to yesterday morning, this morning I collected more data for t0
determination. However, now a trigger incorporating the Cerenkovs was
used.

I took three runs tonight: 2020, 2021, and 2022.

Don't look at Run 2020; I had it recording while I was still "figuring
out" the wire target for this shift. (A note: when conducting a run with
the wire target, one should, throughout the run, continually move the wire
closer in so that it continually hits the beam's decreasing halo. As of
this shift, the wire target range will start off a fill around -6.9mm
and, as the beam current drops, will slink slowly inwards to -5mm or even
-4.5mm.)

Run 2021 contains 70000 built events; it took most of the morning to
record.

Run 2022 contains 14000 built events; it took the remainder of the time.

Looking at these two runs, the signal to noise ratios are good (around
2:1). Additionally, except for boxes L21 and R24 (which trip), all sense
wire currents remained below 1-2microamps for all the run duration.

>From nsed, the Cerenkov inclusion apparently does do some good in
eliminating the downstream events. However, the majority of
reconstructed events still seem to come from downstream (though more are
visible coming from the target than before).

Aaron