[BLAST_SHIFTS] TOFs

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 15:49:41 EDT

Today, time was spent on refining the TOF gain-matching; analyzing last
run of yesterday (2145) the best voltages (so far) were chosen.

Two runs were taken (2169 - 170K events, 2170 - 200K+ events) - TDCs were
missing and because TDCs are needed for cutting out pedestals, those runs
are useless.

TDC cables had been disconnected - I hooked up the ones labeled "TOF" and
took run 2173 - analyzing it I found lots of weird ADCs (inconsistent with
what I expected after changes).
I asked Tancredi's help, he told me the TDC cables labeled "TOF" were not
the ones we have beens using lately (I was personally not involved in the
change, so I did not know).

I picked up cables following the suggested color pattern (making sure
the color matches) - took run 2174: most TOF ADCs were pedestals.

In the end, I went to the D-tunnel to measure the cables I had hooked up
and compare to the others (I suspect a different length that would cause
problems because of the TDC cuts I am using for getting rid of pedestals
and overflow). Chris Brown was doing work for the neutron counters' cables
so I gave up... Pete is here now and he will be taking over.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu