Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] shifts

From: Manouchehr Farkhondeh (manouch@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 11:21:10 EDT

John:

As you all know, these days the hall is open during the day and closed
for beam in the evening and during the 00:-8:00 am shifts. The neutron
bars are being brought to life with beam for the first time and the
TOF's being worked at. We have 80-90 mA good quality beam and
unpolarized gas target that can be used for these commissioning task.
There are a lot to do during the beam shifts and in my opinion we should
have more than JUST one (1) person for the grave yard shifts. Two people
for that shift is really the minimum we should have.

Manouchehr

John Calarco wrote:

> I am encouraged by the enthusiasm my recent note engendered. Now
> let's hope it carries on into next week. I hereby ask for shift
> volunteers for next week, Oct 21-27. The primary activities are
> expected to be tuning and calibration of the TOFs, Cerenkovs,
> and n-bars (at least on beam-left). This will proceed in parallel
> with measurements on the ABS. At this point in time I do not know
> when the hall will be open/closed.
>
> --
> John R. Calarco
> Dept. of Physics
> Univ. of New Hampshire
> Durham, NH 03824
> phone: (603)862-2088
> FAX: (603)862-2998
> email: calarco@unh.edu

Manouchehr Farkhondeh                           manouch@mit.edu
Principal Research Scientist
Division Head of Physics, Accelerator
MIT, Bates Linear Accelerator Center            tel (617)253-9298
Middleton, MA  01949                            fax (617) 253-9599