[BLAST_SHIFTS] 10/17/2002 TOF studies

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 16:34:33 EDT

After yesterday's studies, I was pretty sure at least part of the
discrepancies I saw in the TDC and ADC spectra were caused by cables being
swapped.

I took run 2198 (300K event) with cosmics - again, five ADC channels had
almost no counts (the only cuts I used when looking at those channels were
the corresponding TDC >0 and <4000, plus ADC between 0 and 10000).

I decided to get the old TDC cables in - or what I thought the old cables
were, as I am not 100% sure of the pattern.

Took run 2199 - Right Top TDCs were missing;
                Right 16 Top and Bottom seemed swapped;
                All ADCs were pedestals.

Went to the D-tunnel, found a bad TDC cable - it probably got messed up in
the swapping process. Chris Brown fixed the cable and I tried to take another
run.

Took run 2200: Right Top TDCs are back now.

The most annoying problem is the ADCs that are ALL pedestals now. I
suspect a timing problem, since the voltages are very close to the values
I had last week, when I was very close to the target values... the ADC
gate should be checked first.

Pete is here now and will take over.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile