Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] run plan 10-17

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 19:08:03 EDT

> In short, all ADCs are fine or actually have always been.
> Please make sure that you do not make conclusion from data taken when
> people may be connecting/disconnecting cables in the D-tunnel. Or make
> sure people aren't.

Hi, Tancredi!
I took two or three runs today and before each one of them I asked you
specifically if I could take a run (and if everything is OK - as I knew
the CAMAC crates were OFF at some point). Nobody else was doing work
there, except Chris Brown (cables) and Vitaly, Nick and Chris (neutron
bars) - and I also did coordinate with Vitaly, asking about the NC
stuff...

So, I do not know what else to say... This simply proves that the DAQ use
is very disorganized and inefficient - I was supposed to work with cosmics
for the TOFs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday taking advantage of the
hall being open.
On Tuesday I could only analyze older runs, since Genya did beam studies
(which I know had to be done). On Wednesday we had the TDC cables' problem
- in my opinion some of the 4 new cables were not working and I
know a bad cable when I see one - when I got the older ones back the TDCs
were fine again. And on Thursday you are telling me somebody was
plugging and unplugging cables when I was taking runs... and I did ask you
before my runs, didn't I?

So please tell me how I can make sure this will not happen again, I am
only concerned about being efficient here - I am truly open to all
suggestions.
Thanks!