Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] run plan 10-17

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 18:39:49 EDT

In short, all ADCs are fine or actually have always been.

Please make sure that you do not make conclusion from data taken when
people may be connecting/disconnecting cables in the D-tunnel. Or make
sure people aren't. Rtop16 is just fine, Rtop0 is a (well known) case of
bad connector. However it is true that the R-top16 rate nows sits when
the field is on !

   We have to keep R-16 off until this problem is addressed

  There are emtpy run sheets to the left of dblast07. Use them !

 ********** PLAN *************

_ study rates on empty/1.0 sccm taraget with B on, any coincs trigger
  as a function of slits. Slits should just cut lifetime. Find injection
  and stored beam setting and make sure you communicate that to CCR

_ for rates in this configuration see typical rates during production in
  past logbook

_ Run any coincs with low_t (21 mV) and high threshold (31 mV). You don't
  need all night for that, just take two good runs.

_ Part of the beam time should be devoted in checking how NC and TOF line
  up at the sector MLU's

_ Please check the NC in the trigger. Note, we are actually missing one
  connection for the cosmics NC trigger. After we got out of the D-tunnel
  I realized NC counter TDC stop are not connected

regards,
-- tancredi

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949