[BLAST_TOF] end of evening shift

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 23:25:31 EDT

Hi there,

While I was taking a cosmic run (run#2256) I just wanted to check Nick's
data (run#2249) with my scripts.
I had to discover that my scripts did not work anymore! The difference
was that I saw less events than Nick (5000:200)!!! That happened for all
runs. Even the runs I analysed on my last shift I got the same problem!
Chris, something has happened meanwhile! I am using my own libBlast.so in
my own directory, thus any changes you've made should not affect me at
all! But why with the same 'configuration' as a day before I cannot
reproduce even the data I took so far??!!!!
The only particular problem tonight was some server connection, i.e.
"Netscape's network connection was refused by the server
blast.lns.mit.edu"!!!!!
Thus I spent all my time trying to fix this problem!!!!!!!

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire
9 Library Way