[BLAST_SHIFTS] shifts

From: John Calarco (jrc@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 13:46:30 EDT

I think Aaron's idea is great. I would be MORE than happy not to
have to beg, plead or threaten each and every week. I also think
that some of the modifications I have seen are good. Any plan has
to have some flexibility.

My only request is that you meet and act on this plan (or some
new plan) ASAP. There was no overnight shift last night and none
presently scheduled for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, with
the hall open during the days, the most efficient shift with beam
is the 0000-0800 shift, because the evening shift is mostly spent
waiting for beam which typically arrives 8-10PM. That leaves 2-4
hours to take data if the 0000-0800 shift is scrubbed.

It may not be an issue for tonight, since we are presently chasing
a noise problem.

--
John R. Calarco
Dept. of Physics