Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] runplan till 10/28

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 11:12:44 EST

> Hi, I am the original "author of the macor", :)

I was just thinking there might be some limit we could increase, Chi -
everybody kind of sets a limit, usually (unless using dynamical memory
allocation, which is not worth the trouble for a macro usually). I did not
know Vitaly had already checked for that...

> a block on a PC is what, a few killo?

512K - if I remember correctly. I would have thought that is enough for a
string, but as you say, probably the limitation is in ROOT, not C++.