[BLAST_SHIFTS] runplan TODAY 10-28

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 16:21:21 EST

The start counter is physically on the beam right and patched in
to channels L16 in order to make a trigger. Note, the start counter
cables are 46 and 47, as they should be and we should not swap them
in the hall which brings confusion.

The retiming OR TDC is connected to right TDC channel 32 as it was
back in july. The meantimer OR output is only plugged in for the
right sector. To avoid confusion with the rear pins, I disconnected
the left-sector input.

The goal of tonight is to take retime data since the retime may
need an adjustment given the new TOF voltages. The plan is to take
data at both the high and low voltage setting for the TOF.

The macro for analysis are in commis/phase1/retime_macros
The trigger file will be retime_right_l16.settings

the goal is to make sure that (RetimeOR - start_counter_tdc_sum) is
a constant for all 16 right TOF's.
>From what I recall since july this can be done in less than a shift

As a double check we should also patch the start counter to right 16,
disconnect r15. Now, to avoid the start counter signal to reach first into
the meantimer, you have to replace the meantimer right-side input with a
"special" cable where channel #15 is "cut out". Please look in logbook 2,
where all this is explained. This check can be done just at one voltage.
Change the trigger to retime_right_r16.settings

In this latter case, the analysis should show that for all tof's the
retime_OR is still a constant although of different value since the TDC
offsets for start counter channels L16 and R16 is different. Make sure
that the R16 delays are now the same of what you had on L16 and change
the trigger accordingly.

The trigger is still non-strobed (it must stay that way). All data of
tonight should also be used to analyze and extract the TDC offsets.

Tancredi Botto,  		phone: +1-617-253-9204  mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist		MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av    Middleton MA, 01949