[BLAST_SHIFTS] A shift Wed 11/06/02 Summary

From: Nikolas C Meitanis (nikolas@MIT.EDU)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 07:19:53 EST

Problems inherited from the previous shifts kept multiplying like
mushrooms in a moist tree shade. Scores of scp processes from dblast07 to
the spuds where eating up the memory and data acquisition was hindered, to
put it mildly. The Cross MLU did not seem to be working properly
so we spent time in the Dtunnel playing with cables which seemed to fix
things. We found out that the Right Wchamber crate was having some
problems. We cycled it and put both crates on standby for the rest of the
night. Manually killing all scp processes, while the kept popping up,
seems to have fixed the overloading problem with dblast07. The problem was
with the 2 oversized runs 2343 and 2602 taken by the previous shift.

When the problems were fixed, we finished the 65mV threshold run and
raised the voltages by 10%, then took long runs at 25,45,65 mV as
indicated in the logbook.
Could not analyze the data for efficiencies on the cerenkovs since the
ntuple.C needs to be fixed.

Analysis on previous runs for cerenkov efficiency seems to agree within
the error bars with an analysis on page 136 of logbook#4 for
cerenkov Left_0. Our results are
presented in the logbook for comments. The cuts are clearly indicated.
We were unable to compare our cuts with those of others. And we did read
recent emails concerning the issue.

Tavi Filoti, nm