[BLAST_ANAWARE] cc cuts question

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 12:09:45 EST

what about the cuts on (ptl + ptr) and (ptl - ptr)? values for these cuts
are listed inside of Cuts.C; however, from looking at some data, i'm
pretty sure the values in Cuts.C are no longer accurate. should we not
worry about these until Peter finishes his work?

if we have to figure out ranges for (ptl + ptr) and (ptl - ptr) for every
pair of tofs through which a cerenkov might realistically fire in an
elastic ep coincidence run, then we're going to have to spend much time
indeed for each run doing so. for run 2611, for example, i found that
there was something around 75 left-right tof pairs for which reasonable
cerenkov firing statistics were available. it takes some time to search
all 75 of these pairs for range cuts on (ptl + ptr) and (ptl - ptr).

aaron