[BLAST_SHIFTS] 11/10/02, shift a

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 07:58:02 EST

this morning we took a series of runs at varying target gas flow rates
(0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0sccm) in an effort to see if the
rate of downstream good-track events in the wire chambers increased at the
flow rate did. however, regardless of flow rate, we did not see any
downstream good-track events. nearly all such events originated within
the target.

then we did a series of runs which varied the chambers' thresholds (1, 2,
3, 4, and 5V) for flow rates of 0.5 and 1.0sccm. the analysis of this
data is still underway.

the beam this morning was gorgeous; fills were up to 140mA, and
beam problems were minimal. even CODA behaved. use it while you can.

chi and aaron