Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Day Shift Summary 11/17/02

From: Adam DeGrush (degrush@mit.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 23:58:13 EST

Reconstructing the story of the B Shift:

--The ROC module residing on the right sector was replaced with a new one
.At this point both sector data was bad (using xcefdump)

--Replaced ROC module back with original still didn't work

--Replaced Right Sector SFI. Still didn't work

--Karen came in and discovered that someone had switched the roc modules
without notifying anyone. Since the ID's reside on the boards what was
thought the whole time to be problems with the right sector was really the
left. Note:Because the replacement board was configured for the left
sector, this explained why both sector data was bad with two left configured
boards are in.

--After exhausting all permutation of SFI's/modules between the right and
left, we are still left with the left sector not working.

--Karen will investigate the problem further tomorrow morning.

Chi and Adam

Special thanks to Brian O' Rourke for removing the stripped screw w/o
hurting the module or anyone around