[BLAST_SHIFTS] Day Shift Summary 11/17/02

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 18:49:38 EST

The Fastbus troubleshooting continued for the rest of the shift.

After speaking with Karen we found that there was no connection between
the L crate and R power supply other than in the current configuration
both SFI's must be powered for CODA to run.

Since we had Left TDC's and ADC's but missing Right ADC/TDC signals we,
upon Karen's suggestion, swapped cables. We exchanged the LTOPTDC for
RTOPTDC and saw that the RIGHT data returned and now left was gone. This
told us that either the SFI, the TS-SFI cable, or the entire
right Fastbus crate was bad.

Tancredi suggested that we swap the SFI's. In attempting to do this we
noticed that a screw on the R SFI has been stripped and we could not
remove the module. At change if shift Chi and Adam were to consult
Ernie Ihloff (who was working in the South Hal) about removing the
stripped screw and thus being able to swap SFI's.

                                Pete

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant
email: karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu