[BLAST_SHIFTS] run plan next 10 days

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 17:21:13 EST

This is a tentative summary, of course things can change. The hall
will be closed until monday, and then there is a mini-shutdown until
after thanksgiving. There are no scheduled shifts for next week (see
john's shifts page)

On december 4 we plan to have a day-long analysis meeting. I will
circulate the agenda soon.

* Spin flipper and ABS studies have priority, we will run parasitically
  until sunday

* At least initially we have to keep the target empty (spin)

* At least initially we can not run the blast toroid. The magnetic
  shields for the abs will be tested hopefully tonight

* Until a stable compton beam has been established we don't run

* Tonight we can take empty target runs, in coordination with compton.
  This should also provide dcct calibration data that we need in the
  analysis.

* During tomorrow and friday we can do more background studies, with an
  empty target. In particular, measure the rate for classes of triggers
  we have never used (triples, =<2 per sector). As you know, most of our
  background comes with no gas.

* Sunday is a full production day. We should run with the compton and
  possibly the spin flipper integrated in.

* The right sector neutron bar calibration will have to wait until next
  week. Unfortunately about 10 hv cables were broken today when closing blast
  and there is no time left today to fix them (we may however have access
  on friday)

* Next week we should run more cerenkov tests

 -- and prepare for the analysis meeting !

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949