Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] [BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL database policy

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 16:55:48 EST

Just to make this clearer

_ I agree with Adrian that we should stop dropping db so the first
  thing is to make sure we have a smarter way to change HV tables

- Adrian will start updating the db with pedestal values. At some point
  peter will do the same with tdc offsets. For the pedestals, adrian will
  tell us how bad/frequent/significant the shifts are, and how often they
  should be checked. Note, this can also be done at any later stage.

_ We do not plan to change the way this info is read in our macros until
  after the run. Therefore, we still use blast.sc_cal. However we will
  load the db so that the information will be there for a later analysis

_ Chris, you are involved as I believe that runinfo was doing something
  similar (??). If you can help, talk to the relevant guys

- There may be other run to run info that needs to be in the db. Note that
  a lot is already in the epics screen. However, the trigger file, a data
  quality flag may be handy. But they may go in elogbook

-

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949