[BLAST_ANAWARE] electronics for LADS neutron bars

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 14:27:07 EST

        Miro Plesko is designing a special module for the LADS neutron bars
that will take analog tube signals, discriminate them, AND the bar ends,
OR all bars, and provide a number of outputs: TDC stops, scalers, and a
"LADS fired" bit for the sector MLU.

        Space constraints on the board will force us to wire the input and
output signals in a different pattern than the existing TOFs and neutron
bars. Rather than having all "top" tubes in a group, and all "bottom"
tubes in another group, LADS will have alternating "top" and "bottom"
tubes. This has implications for the electronics.map; instead of (LADS
left top) being in TDC channels 0-27, and (LADS left bottom) in channels
32-59, the top tubes will be in channels 0,2,4,6,etc. and the bottom in
channels 1,3,5,7,etc. Because there are 56 tubes per sector, and the
ribbon cable comes in groups of 16, we will only use 14 signals per
cable.

        I hope this is not an insurmountable problem, since otherwise the
module will be much larger, with lots of crossed wires on the pc board.
Please let me know if you have concerns or objections.

                                        Karen