Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] electronics for LADS neutron bars

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 17:13:36 EST

Hello,

in (e,e'n) the retiming/Wch start will come from e'.

Also, the retiming takes away pathlength differences for particles that
are always ultra-relativistic and of constant velocity. In the case of
the neutron bars/lads even for the same hit (bar, position) we will have
a range of neutron momenta and therefore different time-of-flights. So it
won't be possible to have the NC arm-trigger come always at the same time.
That jitter will saturate the difference due to different pathlengths since
you can in principle detect neutrons with drastically different velocities
(factors 2-4)

But we have to make sure that for ultra-relativistics particles we measure
a low enough tdc channel

-- tancredi
Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949