RE: [BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL access from the spuds

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 22:52:17 EST

Hi, Maurik!
I was aware I left that username and password in the open (for somebody
who has an account at Bates), but that is nothing compared to the
whole unsafety of our MySQl db at this point.
Once I solve all these problems, I will tighten security - for now there
is nothing really valuable there, all the voltages are backed up (saved
in .sql files I can load). This will change once we start using the db for
analysis...

Anyway, this is my macro, which works from dblast07 (user adrian):

{
gROOT->Reset();
gSystem->Load("/usr/lib/libz.so");
gSystem.Load("libMySQL.so");
TSQLServer *db =
TSQLServer::Connect("mysql://blast05.lns.mit.edu:3306/BLAST","user",
"passwd");// you know user and passwd already :-)
TSQLResult *res;
res = db->Query("INSERT INTO SC_ADC_RUN VALUES('ScAdc-L-22-00', 10002,
701, 401)");

}

I had tried /usr/lib/libz.so before (after looking at the ROOT site), it
does not work from my account on the spuds (spud4, to be precise).
I am not doing .L /usr/lib/libz.so, as I would get nonsense:

Error: Symbol usr is not defined in current scope FILE:sql.C LINE:2
Error: operator '/' divided by zero FILE:sql.C LINE:2
Error: Symbol lib is not defined in current scope FILE:sql.C LINE:2
Error: operator '/' divided by zero FILE:sql.C LINE:2
Error: Symbol libz is not defined in current scope FILE:sql.C LINE:2
Error: Failed to evaluate libz.soError: operator '/' divided by zero
FILE:sql.C LINE:2

Anyway, the above macro gives me the following error when run from spud4:

root [0]
Processing SQL.C...
dlopen error: /home/blast/adrian/./libMySQL.so: undefined symbol:
Execute__7TObjectPCcT1
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library
/home/blast/adrian/./libMySQL.so
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look into this!

Adrian

PS: What machine (spud) were you on, and what username did you use when
you ran successfully? I tried both spud1 and spud4, username adrian and
blast - it still does not work for me...

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu
http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/