[BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL success!

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 23:06:14 EST

Hi, Maurik!
It finally worked for me now from the spuds!
The key difference was to ask ROOt to load
/usr/local/root_3.02.05/lib/libMySQL.so, not libMySQL.so - and that after

If you try libMySQL.so after loading /usr/lib/libz.so it does not work. If
you try /usr/local/root_3.02.05/lib/libMySQL.so without loading
/usr/lib/libz.so it does not work and I had tried both...

Well, the successful macro is the following:

{
gROOT->Reset();
gSystem->Load("/usr/lib/libz.so");
gSystem.Load("/usr/local/root_3.02.05/lib/libMySQL.so");
//gSystem.Load("/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so");
TSQLServer *db =
TSQLServer::Connect("mysql://blast05.lns.mit.edu:3306/BLAST","user",
"passwd");
TSQLResult *res;
res = db->Query("INSERT INTO SC_ADC_RUN VALUES('ScAdc-L-22-00', 10002,
701, 401)");

}

Again, many thanks to Maurik, as his final push convinced me to look
further - I was thinking I was cursed before. :-)

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu