[BLAST_SHIFTS] 12/21 Evening Shift

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 00:12:10 EST

Took data most of the night.

Per TB's instructions:
-Adjusted Cer DC offsets to zero at start of shift
-Took ~1.5 hours of D2 data with full field

-Then swapped LCer0 and LCer1 top and bot cables
for low loss RG214's connecting the patch panel
to the D-tunnel.

-Re-checked the DC offsets, some add'l adjustment
was required. ***the linear fan in/out connectors (and
the corresponding lemo cables)are very sensitive and
cause a DC offset jump of several mV just when touched!

-after re-zeroing the offsets, I took one more run
with D2. Then switched to H2 (still at full field)

-at 2200, I requested that the BPS current be ramped down
to 3kA for data taking for the remainder of the shift.
CCR needed to tune a bit more for this.

-In the mean time I spent time getting the tdc_offset code
ready for cvs. A separate email will follow for the
ANAWARE list.

CCR never got the beam tune (they were close in the end) so we have no
data at 3000 A for tonight.

At end of shift: GAS OFF->MFC set to 0.00 SCCM for H2 and D2, only valve
left openwas the Fore valve. hvDaemons for WC's and TOF's etc all set to
zero and shut down.

                                Happy Holidays!

                                Pete

Pete Karpius