[BLAST_ANAWARE] cvs submissions

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 00:12:23 EST

Tonight I have submitted the following to cvs:

tdc_offsets.C - This is a new macro based on Genya's
method of offset determination where we specify a target
channel of 4000 for the SUM as well as zero for position.

I put this in phase2 after I had moved the old tdc_offsets.C to
tdc_offsetsOLD.C and then stuck it in phase1.

I compiled libBlast.so and put it and this macro in /phase2/devel
where it works fine (I just tested it)

To use this new macro:
1) Look at ttl:ttr for ntl= any left TOF and ntr= 6
and find the self timing peak. Use this to define the cut in
the macro. (This cut is already in the macro for runs 2749-2769)
Do the same for ttr:ttl for ntr= any right TOF and ntl= 6
Genya chose 6 as it has coincs with all other corresponding TOFs.
(This was true for runs 2749-2769 anyway)

2) Ensure that the eep file read has been created with the
default (i.e. tdc offsets = ZERO) calib file. Note: the current
blast.sc_cal in Blast_Params is this file but the blast.sc_cal in
phase2 has non-zero offsets on which many cuts have now been based.

3) Run the macro which creates a new calib file called blastcal:"run#'s"
in the working dir, then create a new ntuple using this calib file.
Enlarge the shell you are using as the macro spits out a summary
in addition to creating a calib file (this summary does not fit the
standard shell size however)

I also submitted TBLCut_coda.h because the existing version filled
the eep ntuple without accounting for the offsets.

TBLScRecon.cc and .h were submitted because I had to
add the function OFFSET_ARRAY to put the offsets created in the
above macro into an array. I also updated
WriteCalib to accept the runlist[] TString from init.C as an argument

I also submitted a new macro called: flasher_tdc_offsets.C
It is also in phase2 and in development. This macro
determines offsets using flasher data and a target
SUM of 4000 channels, and POS of zero.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE: this macro uses ntp and init.C so you must ensure
that init.C is set to ntp for this to work.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The flasher offsets can not really be trusted until
we have the flasher attenuated as the saturation of
the electronics can cause timing shifts.

Things are still not perfect but we are getting there!

                                Again, Happy Holidays!

                                Pete

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant