[BLAST_SHIFTS] Future use of blast, the Sun workstation

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 12:29:01 EST

        I have succeeded in booting the ReadOut Controllers (ROCs) from a Linux
host (dblast07) rather than the Sun (blast or dblast). I'll check CODA
DAQ with physics triggers next week. If that works, then I believe we
no longer need blast/dblast the Sun workstation. Thus, it may disappear
at any time.

        If you know of any need for this computer, please let me know. If you
have any files on /usr or /scratch on blast, please move them
elsewhere. Files on /home/blast are safe, since that disk is not
internal to the Sun.

                                Karen