[BLAST_ANAWARE] new DGen

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 22:15:30 EST

Hi, I checked some codes into DGen again this evening.

Some nuts and bolts are added to classes Beam and Target such that one can
input beam current and target gas flow and use the classes to estimate
target thickness, luminosity and event rates. I hope the program is in
shape now and will be stable.

PlotSpec.C and PlotSpec2.C are merged and there is now only one
PlotSpec.C.

A new macro: PlotAsm.C is added into CVS. It plots Asymmetry from
generated data in event.root. To use it, just run dgen in elastic channel,
and then envoke: root PlotAsm.C.

Further developement will be:
1.inclusion of more reaction channels(which will only affect existing
codes minorly),
2. inclusion of radiative correction which may require major changes and
addition of codes(I am not sure about the detail of this part and how it
would affect existing codes yet),
3.continue to check the correctness of current codes, (if you spot a bug,
please check in the correction, and send a message to me)
4.adding helpful tools for analysis purpose such as PlotAsm.C (possibly a
correspondance for eep channels)