Re: [BLAST_TOF] update Database

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 16:09:40 EST

Hi, Tavi!

> RCC_T10: the SHV cable# 91 had to be removed from 0.7.3 to 0.6.11
> (crate.slot.channel), since that slot.channel was bad. I suggest that
> Adrian should change the CCtubeID in database since we don't have any clue
> for tube# (like LCC_T10), instead I had to renamed it from CcHv-R-07-03
> to CcHv-R-06-11 (optional but useful)!

The way this works is we do SQL queries, "joining" tables - that's how we
get information out of the db. Simply by looking at the tables, you are
right, we do not have a clue.
By the "update" you made, you "broke" a link between the CC_HV
table and the CC_PMT table. I mean, the record named CcHv-R-06-11 is not
referenced by any record in the CC_PMT table - it's pretty much useless at
this point.
That's fine, as this is just our test database. The final one is already
protected so this will be prevented and I will start the process of
"populating" it soon (cable numbers included, even if they have by far the
lowest priority) so that we will have it ready for April.

Thanks a lot for providing the fiber optics map!