[BLAST_TOF] TOF preparation

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 20:33:35 EDT

Hi!
Today we started preparing the TOFs for beam.
The new splitter fiber (which will be used both for TOFs and LADs) was
hooked up and tested. A few iterations were needed to make sure we had the
right attenuation.
As of now, all the TOF flasher ADC spectra are within range, except for
RTOF8 and RTOF13. We think these are missing because of bad fiber optics
(we could see cosmics and we made sure the right fibers were in the right
place). It is possible these two fibers got messed up during the process
of remounting the TOFs...

We verified the "external" flasher trigger, and we took a couple of runs
to have timing information for the TOFs (so that if we need to change any
HV settings, we have something to compare the new timing with).

We started looking at the gains, but we realized that we would be much
better off having the Cerenkovs in the trigger: first, for consistency
with the results from November and second for getting rid of the "spikes"
in the TOF ADCs. The Cerenkovs provide a really easy way to clean those
spectra up...
If Cerenkovs are cabled tomorrow (as planned) then the TOF gain and timing
checking should be done on Wednesday (and Thursday, if needed).

Adrian and Peter

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu