Re: [BLAST_TOF] TOF gains

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 19:45:17 EDT

I agree with Tancredi that we should correct those channels that are off
by more than 10% of the target value (10% times approx. 2000 channels =
200 channels).
Tancredi counted 8 such channels, I only mentioned 5 because those were
obvious, the other 3 are AROUND 200 channels off and could be due to
statistics. They could definitely be improved though...

The main point is that we do NOT have gain loss due to damage etc. It can
be seen from the plots I sent (please take a look so you can see exactly
what needs improvement) that the gains have not departed much
from the values from last fall... I think all are up or down within 100
channels from the fall values (which could be due to statistics), but as
mentioned before some were already "a little off" target.
A list of reference runs is on Blast Talk, I sent it a couple of days
before.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant