[BLASTTALK] pion production off neucleons software(MAID) @ Blast

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 00:48:04 EDT

Hi, all

Thanks to Micheal Kohl and Lothar Tiator and Harald Merkel at Mainz, we
are able to integrate the powerful MAID software into Blast event
generators. DGen now has a Maid channel which produces e'p/npi0, e'ppi-
and e'npi+ events.

I checked in a major additon of codes to DGen, including a new directory
called Model which contains Maid source codes. Please update you DGen and
configure, configure.in and Makefile.in. Somehow, I have problem updating
the new directory. If I check out a fresh copy, it is there, but when I
only do update, the new directory is not checked out. Chris, what am I
missing here?

The codes now does not compile with ROOT. rootcint seg-faults when it trys
to generate dictionary Dict.cc file. But libuserGen.so and dgen are
compiled and linked properly. If you want to use old channels in DGen
under rootcint, do not update or update to v2_1.

Channel numbers are rearranged and I list them below:

0 elastic, 1 eep, 2 een, 3 eepn, 20 mott/ep/en elastic, 31-34 Maid for
different isospins, 100 mixture of 0 and 3, 101 mixture of 0 and 3 with
equal number of events in each channel.

I have not had enough time to debug the codes entirely. testing and
debugging will continue the next few days and even weeks. I wish this
could serve as a starting point for study on pion production experiments
at Blast.