[BLAST_SHIFTS] May 6th day shift

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 17:44:14 EDT

A good part of the shift was spent on beam tuning.
Tancredi then did a lot of slit optimization - I think he will follow up
with a more detailed message.

We looked more closely into the timing issues mentioned yesterday. I
relized run 23 which I considered "benchmark" (from just before gain-tuning)
was messed up: that day we were having problems with a NIM crate...

However, Tancredi had taken another flasher run with the old voltages and
looking at the timing difference we saw there was no reason to worry: the
timing is exactly like before. The largets TDC shift was 38 channels
(less than 2 ns) for a channel that needed a lot of extra voltage due to a
light leak we had back in November... All others were (much) less than 1
ns (7-8 TDC channels usually) - and we cannot do better than +/- 1 ns
anyway.

Just before our shift ended dblast07 froze... right in the middle of a
good ring fill.

Hayan, Adrian, Chi

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant