Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] 0-8am shift, May 07, 2003

From: Adam DeGGrush (degrush@mit.edu)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 07:57:31 EDT

The HV Gui is ready for testing on "real" human beings. First there is some
things of note.

-The medm screens are symbolically linked from
/home/blast/pro2003/hv/EPICSHV/medm

-The main control window is hvMain.adl.

-There are two buttons at the top to switch the crates between oper and
stdby.

-To include specific detectors into crate wide commands turn those detectors
"on" and then press the Set button. You have to do this for both STBY and
OPER settings.

For example if somebody only wants to have the BQM's on:
    1.)swtich BLAST to STBY
    2.) Turn all detectors off except BQM's
    3) Press "Set" for ALL detectors
    4.) switch BLAST to OPER
    5.) Turn all detectors off except BQM's
    6.) Press "Set" for all detectors

-To work in Auto Ringfill mode. Currently this is done by calling up CCR
and asking them that you would like to take control of the autoring fill.
They will switch both the experimenter and operator enables to true. The
program will then ramp up/ramp down at the appropriate stages during the
ringfill. To break this interlock this is currently switching "Injection
Override" to inhibit. Although will not prevent CCR from injecting, They do
have to manually start the fill. A permanent solution to this is on the
way. As a side note. you can specify the current at which you would like
to reinject. This is incorporated into the sequencer.

--Currently a periodic get of all the measured voltages is disables since I
have not yet added the channels to the Epics.map

--The trip status is also disabled for the time being. However to see if a
channel has tripped one can open the crate controls and display the "state"
setting by pressing "st". A value of "41" corresponds to a trip. TO reset
those channels press "on " for that detector. It is the quickest way.

I will also leave the draft proposal that Doug wrote about the hv controls.
The current setup is close to it so you can use it as an additional
reference.

Please make a note of all the problems you encounter (and I'm sure there
will be some). I will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Adam