[BLAST_SHIFTS] Very late night shift May 09 2003

From: Nikolas C Meitanis (nikolas@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 07:35:48 EDT

Continued taking data with the ABS at 60sccm. The ABS operation did not
pose any problems. Took several runs. Each run taken by alternating the
beam helicity while also varying the target (plus, minus) once per run.
Data as in the logbook.
Signal to noise ratios were good all night long.

During some of our runs, the HV crates failed (the left wire
chamber but also the left TOF).

The signature of the HV failures appear to be either

1.) they automatically turn themselves off.
2.) Communicating to them is lost resulting the user to kill the
hvdaemon and reboot them.

The from panel of the crate flashes ERROR. I'm not sure how much
diagnostics these mainframes have but looking at the System/PowerUp
performance

I see :

Status Level 3

Status 170
->Last Power Down Failed

Status 185
->Last reset status hung for no reason

These status numbers appear to be error messages as given in appendix 2
of the mainframe manual as
170 =ERR_LASTPOWERDOWNFAIL

185 =ERR_SystemInitOrHung

I'm not sure these are linked to problem seen with the Left Sector
TOF HV. Tancredi?

AD, NM