Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Evening Shift May 8th

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 10:32:15 EDT

> Also, CCR informed me that the way the chime works is to change 1/4-wave
> plate position at a stored beam cutoff (44mA) [not just when we do a
> fill].

        Just to be sure everyone is clear: changing the half-wave plate at the
polarized source when the stored current drops below a certain amount,
while the beam is still stored in the ring, does NOT change the helicity
of the beam in the ring. The helicity of the next FILL will be affected
by the changed half-wave plate. You can change the half-wave plate any
time after a fill has finished, and not affect the stored beam. The
SPIN FLIPPER would affect the helicity of the stored beam, except it's
not currently installed in the ring.

                                        Karen