[BLAST_ANAWARE] asym theory plot

From: Jason Seely (seely@MIT.EDU)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 19:32:56 EDT

hi everyone,

i thought it might be useful to send along this plot which shows the
theoretical predictions for the asymmetries. (please ignore the super
ratio in the plot. it's off scale). thes were calculated using
Hoehler's form factors, and for the current running conditions (eb =
0.850 GeV, target spin angle = 45 degrees). note that these asymmetries
have been scaled by 0.75*0.75 which is a rough estimate of the beam and
taret polarization product. it's not really clear that the asymmetries
we have calculated follow these curves.

oh, about the plot i sent out earlier: some people have mentioned the
error bars on the asymmetries seeming to be too small at backward
angles. we are working to find a good set of cuts to get rid of any
background that is still hanging around. the plot i sent out earlier
had very minimal cuts, so it's true that there is a lot of background in
there. hopefully when we find the best possible cuts then things will
be much cleaner.

Tancredi is working on finding the charge for the remaining polarized
data so that we can include all polarized data in the calculation.

thanks,

jason

jason seely
26.650.b