[BLAST_TOF] Cherenkov update

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 17:50:57 EDT

Hi,

There are some changes to the Cherenkov boxes:

1. we send now 66% of the signal to the trigger (TDC's) and 33% to the
ADC's;

2. a new HV database has been loaded (in pro2003_NC_CC_TOF_1300.sql),
Adam and Adrian please refer to it when you load CC's voltages.
Also the hvDaemon has been modified to read slot 0.7.3

3. Missing Right CC's ADC's was due to a bad trigger file! The CC's delays
were 32nsec for Left Sector and 2nsec for the Right Sector!!!!
All trigger files has been updated to the correct configuration for CC's!

4. Some delays (longer cables from Analog Adder to blue splitter panel)
has been added to CC's in order to get the signal in the ADC gate!
Runs# 437 and 440 shows good CC's TDC's & ADC's data for all boxes
(except the back angle ones! :-)) ).
But some more investigations has to be done to RCC0 (may be a bad cable),
since it counts less then the others.

5. We still have two bad tubes! LCC0_T_2 (long cable# 83) and LCC2_B_12
(long cable# 29). These were tricky, since they were pretty stable at low
voltages but fluctuates at high voltages! I have discovered them after
trying to increase the HV as much as possible (gain-match)

Gain-matching with the beam needs to be done to equalize the ADC spectra
for all boxes!

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire