[BLAST_ANAWARE] minutes analysis meeting 5/21

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 22:15:09 EDT

present: TB,DH,WX,CZ,CC,HK,BT(onguc),MK(ohl) and sam hariton, new urop
working on elogbook (see below)

There is still a number of outstanding analysis issues (tof position, true
tof/pathlenght-corrections/pid, wch eff, mmass). Status of basic software
for producing asymmetry and cross section is good. Data filters still
not in place. Note again, we are on top of the v2 branch.
For discussion at next meetng: mc (detector parametrization) and online
histogrammer.. enjoy minutes:

Please come to the meetings, it's the designed place where to keep up with
analysis software and the physics analysis

WCh/reconstruction:
==================

_ Wang: shows more about new FF. Improved X2 (in-plane out-plane) will
  lead to a better selection of newton candidates and better starting
  point (newton fitter has some dependence on starting point).
_ X2 fit in out-of-plane is constrained by vertex y position (=0). Some
  discussion on how this may effect cosmics
_ Ready for submission to v2 by end of week. Will be incorporated online
_ show outstanding buggy segment (completely out of place). Will seek to
  help doug about calibration work

- Chris: working on code to check wch calibration. This will check how well
  a 3rd hit lines up (on stub calculated with two hits). Presently consistency
  not better than 2-3 mm (!).
_ will seek "image" of wires/cell boundary positions, position distribution
  in each cell as final check. Able to redetermine
_ Points out that even after we fixed a bug in drift-time table resolution
  still did not improve. so we must be way off with the offsets here.

Discussion about v3
===================

_ There is general consensus to turn this around quickly. 2/3 weeks. Not months
_ chi, chris plan to limit themselves to provide a nice interface at the FF level
_ Then use of TBLWc1 (obsolute), TBLWc2 or a new TBLWc always possible.
_ release plan v3: (snapshots may be available at each step_
                _ finish new geom
                _ TBLfield(?) magnetic field class (field in wch coordinates)
                  _ swimming in wch ref frame
                _ eloss correction (will require better thoughts on "pid"

_ note: tong not present

CVS:
====
_ maybe another update of BlastLib2 online
_ Online we have an uptodate BlastLib2. However, the pro2003 directory not
  yet in which means we have diverging macros/lrn
_ Soon everything back on the head (v3)

Elogbook:
========

_ Sam shows tcl runsheet interface.
_ Very easy to use, activates two steps: at each coda start the user is
  presented with a menu-driven form from where the run "configuration" is
  input (abs/unpol blast field, compton, slits, holding field...). This
  info can be entered at any time during run.
_ At end of run the user may confirm this info and additionally may tag
  the run as good (for immediate analysis).
_ The config info is stored run by run in a conveniently formatted file
  and in the database (both as table entries and as configuration
  filename, think trigger/epics/scaler map). May add run by run comment
  field.
_ db communication is next. Will require database flag confirmed/unconfirmed
  and an interface to correct mistakes.
- in principle nothing changes but if we consistently use this tool we can
  get rid of runsheet. Almost ready to go, expect changes.
_ meanwhile old elogbook interface still good for general elog book
  entries and comments.

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949