[BLAST_SHIFTS] 05/27/2003 graveyard shift

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 08:30:07 EDT

CCR had trouble with beam all night.
They got it back around 4 AM. The HV crates got hung and with Doug's help
over the phone we got them back (help was needed with the new HV GUI).
Then CCR tuned the beam and adjusted slits until around 6 AM.
We decided to empty the target, as we only had two hours left and no more
time to continue unpolarized gas runs (the goal was to split time equally
during two shifts between unpolarized gas and empty target for background
studies).
We took run 577 with empty target. Then CCR lost beam again. They got it
back but the HV crates got hung again... We went through the process of
rebooting them and at 8 AM we started run 580.
We checked the signal/noise for run 577 and 580 and it looked OK.
We should mention that the WC HV crates were tripping every two minutes
and we had to keep hitting "OPER" on the GUI all the time...

One thing we noticed (also noticed by the previous shift) is that when we
run charge.c on these new runs, charge is only recorded for the 'target
undefined' state even though the target is flipping between states 1 and
3 (in the epics data only of course, since we're running unpol/empty
target).

Adrian and Jason

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant