Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Wire Chamber tripping

From: Douglas Hasell (hasell@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 15:30:21 EDT

Hi,

        Sorry Adam I forgot to respond to this yesterday.

        Basically, I agree. Intermittent trips should be reset and if the
boxes can't hold voltage it should be turned off and fixed at the earliest
opportunity. However, tripping may indicate bad beam tune which should be
fixed first.

        I think automatic resetting may be a good idea with some monitoring
of how frequently it is done to a given box and then if it is too frequent
the box can be turned off or the problems solved some other way. Since the
ramping can take up to 40 seconds tripping and resetting more than five
times in five minutes for the same box is probably excessive and it should
be turned off.

        Alarm sounds good but also need some way to switch the alarm off
for some channels after the initial alarm.

--On Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:48 AM -0400 Adam Jon DeGrush