about lrn freezing Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] morning shift, 06/01//03

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 12:49:29 EDT

Hi,

I think I might know the reason for lrn freesing the console.

blast is using v2_18 at the moment. There is a bug in particle id routines
that generates seg-fault. it is fixed in v2 top version. Unfortunately,
beam/target polarization info were implememted into TBLRaw v2_18 so they
must be merged before blast can use v2 top version for analysis. I tried
to merge but was not successful. Will try again today or tomorrow so blast
can move on to top version.

When we pipe unbuffered stream into the null device, we do not see the
message dumped when seg-fault happened which is out put by error stream
which is exactly unbuffered.

So here is my suggestion, turn off pid when running lrn:

root -@#$% lrn.C ... -pid ...

Chi

P.S. I also spot a strange thing about lrn.C, "scal_inhcharge" is first
used at line 299, but declared at line 469 AND in a else if block. In
principle, it shoudl not run and should complaine about undeclared
variables. As it happens when Tong and I tried to run lrn.C in our own
accounts.

HOWEVER, IT RUNS IN BLAST ACCOUNT!!!! Maybe Blast had a deal with the
Satan, Aaron?