[BLAST_SHIFTS] 06/10/03 A-shift

From: Benjamin Clasie (clasie@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 08:08:29 EDT

We continued taking unpolarized H data and struggled with the WC's tripping
all night. We reduced the H flow rate from 0.1 sccm to 0.08 sccm (the
minimum set point) to help with the trips. Run 805 had approx 2:1 signal
to noise for all wires, so we turned off the wire chambers for an hour.
After this, the signal to noise improved but was still in the range of 2.5:1
to 4:1.

We turned the wire chambers off for an hour again at 04:14, and reduced the
beam injection current at 06:50 from 125mA to 90mA as the wire chambers were
tripping frequently, around once per minute. Turning off the wire chambers
for an hour and reducing the beam current does seem to help, however, the
lowest trip frequency was about once per 10min.

The run numbers for this shift are 806-810, and have been written into the
RUNLIST. Runs have been crunched and filtered. The runs that Baris
requested in his last email have been recrunched.

At 7.53 there was a transmitter crowbar, and we turned off the wire chambers
for only 7min before the beam came back.

YX and BC.