[BLAST_ANAWARE] Compton reconstruction issue

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 16:16:58 EDT

This message is mostly for the compton polarimeter community. I found
the following issue with compton recon. I run in the accumulation mode,
that is I add histograms everytime they appear in BLAST data stream.
 Everything seems ok, the polarization howers around 60% and has the
sign. Then I add another histogram in coda and all of a sudden the
polarization changes sign and becomes greater than 1 and chi2 is
astronomic. I checked, the helicity of the beam is not switched at this
point and the current has gone from 83 mA to 81 mA in between two
events. Is this something that was observed by some of the compton
people. The run that exhibits this behavior is 733.

                                                    Cheers, Vitaliy