Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] medm windows

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 20:44:29 EDT

> Sombody ruined HV medm window sizes. Those on shift will know what I
> mean. If anybody knows how to fix it please help.

Nobody wants to ruin the medm window sizes.

Medm is however not immediately compatible with our window manager...

The window sizes now are "ok". You have to resize them when in execute
mode but at least you get all of that window

This problem does not show if you run twm, which is the default (XFree86)
window manager.

I have no problem with twm....

One way I'd suggest to try to fix this problem - if it does work on the
settings for the abs account - is to compare to those settings.

Anyways I suggest logging in a dblast machine. Make sure you always have
the right panel, virtual desktops, taskbars and icons. Thinker with the
bloody sawfish until you get it right. You might have to restart to X
server (i.e. logout) for changes to take effect.

Be aware that those changes can disappear when blast logs out from another
machine when blast logs out if the "save settings" flag is on. So make
absolutely sure you found the right setting, without destroying to much our
environment. Leave that machine running (dblast08? dblast09?)

Even better if you do it from your own account (...)

At some convenient time we will log out blast from all other machines in
node dblast (also blast13, 14..) *but* the one with the "right" wm
settings and hopefully the changes will be saved.

good luck with the poorly-manageable sawfish..........