Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] MC helicity and ep montecarlo

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 23:33:19 EDT

Hi Adrian and T.B.

1st. to Adrian: yes the three numbers are pe, pz, pzz. I do not remember
exactly what coda slot/channel number they occupy. However, I think the
POL(3) is globally accessible so if you just write spin info into it, they
should be piped into coda stream.

2nd. to T.B.: the spikes at -1 in phi/z plots are easy to understand: I
used a old version of lrn in which every empty entry is by default -1.

3rd. I think the booking of spin information should be otherway arround.
instead of the 6 bits, we should parse them in our program and book
pe/pz/pzz with maybe another flag for 1-state/2-state transition. It takes
three floats for both the sign and magnitude, instead of 6 integers and
3 (or 6 polarization is different for different states). It saves torage
and most importantly, it is more intuitive when doing analysis. Correct me
if I am wrong.

4th. It would take me a few days to implement and debug a polarized e-p
into DGen. But before that, I have to say I am a little confused by epel.
There seems to be 3 epel: one in fortran and two in C/C++. It would take
me some time to read the makefiles to single out the one in action and
understand how to call it from DGen.